zaterdag 13 februari 2010

Julia Mancuso is Going for the Gold in the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Games


"Going for the Gold" is an ongoing web series about Vancouver Olympian hopefuls created by the U.S. Olympic Committee. This week the star of the show is Julia Mancuso, who took home the gold medal in Giant Slalom in 2006. Nicknamed "Princess," Mancuso won the top prize despite suffering from knee pain due to hip dysplasia and never finishing higher than second place in a World Cup race. According to Mancuso, "I felt like I let myself down [in downhill skiing] in Torino. Now I feel like anything is possible and I look forward to the future."

Mancuso recently climbed Mount Kilimanjaro with British Skier Chemmy Alcott in support of the charity Right to Play and was featured in SuperBabes of Snow.

Expect to see Mancuso in Vancouver next year wearing the latest Rossignol skis and Lange boots.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten